Duck confit is one of the great instant foods because you can make a lot of dishes with it quickly in your own kitchen. It is the traditional dish that is found in Parisian bistros. It is prepared by slow cooking duck legs in its fat until it becomes tender. Then, it is seared in hot pan till skin becomes golden in color and crispy.
Before using duck confit, take it out of your fridge and let it reach the room temperature else the legs don’t come out from the fat and they tear up.
Whether you need Confit de canard recipes or others, Lac Brome Lake is a perfect place to visit. They are expertise in providing original Perking duck meat since 1912 across Canada, at affordable price. Also, they offer delicious duck meat recipes too.
Things you can do with duck confit
- Preheat oven at 210°C, keep duck legs in roasting tin and add little duck fat. Roast for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 180°C and cook over 20 minutes. Serve it with red cabbage, apple chutney, juniper sauce and mashed potatoes.
- You can even make duck confit without overnight salting. Season duck legs with salt, rub with peppercorns, garlic, bay leaf, lemon zest, thyme, juniper berries and marinade 1.5 hours. Then, cook it in oven or frying pan.
- Serve duck confit with mashed potatoes and plum chutney.
- Dry marinade fresh herbs and salt, cook duck legs at lower temperature 88°C/190°F for 10 to 12 hours. Serve with mustard sauce and brussel sprouts.
- Serve duck confit in ramekins as starter with little fat, parsley, lemon juice, pistachios, plum chutney and sourdough fingers.
- Toast your favorite sandwich and mix it with garlic, cheese and mustard. Put Aga between bread and use toaster. Fry both the sides and serve with duck confit.
- Rub duck legs with salt, fresh thyme, cracked pepper, garlic, cloves and add little water to duck fat while cooking.
- Season it with thyme and celeriac. Pour vegetable or chicken stock, cover it with foil and bake 1 hour. Then, remove foil and cook over 20 minutes.
You can preserve duck confit for 6 months. It is one of the handy recipes that work well with many other side dishes.
You can even make it at home or purchase from stores. There are many online stores that sell top-quality duck meat products, choose the best one and order today to make your everyday meal special.